This publish could include affiliate hyperlinks. Please see our privateness coverage for particulars.
The BEST ever seafood stew, loaded with clams, mussels, cod, shrimp and scallops. So cozy, so hearty, really easy.
Cioppino tends to be a type of underrated stews that’s truly very easy to make, making it in your dinner desk in lower than an hour.
And it’s crammed with all of the seafood goodness – little neck clams, mussels, cod (or halibut), shrimp and scallops which will get cooked proper in that garlicky, tomato-wine-based broth.
All it’s essential spherical out this meal is a few freshly toasted baguette (or sourdough or french bread) slices to sop up this goodness, leaving zero leftovers behind.
This recipe also can simply be doubled or tripled, making it excellent for when firm stops by for dinner.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium candy onion, diced
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed pink pepper flakes
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 (28-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable inventory
- 2 cups clam juice
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper, to style
- 12 little neck clams, scrubbed
- ½ pound mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 pound cod or halibut filets, minimize into 3/4-inch items
- ½ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 giant sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons chopped recent parsley leaves
Soften butter in a big stockpot or Dutch oven over medium excessive warmth. Add onion and fennel. Prepare dinner, stirring sometimes, till tender, about 8 minutes.
Stir in tomato paste, garlic, oregano and pink pepper flakes till aromatic, about 1 minute.
Stir in wine, diced tomatoes, vegetable inventory, clam juice and bay leaf. Carry to a boil; scale back warmth and simmer till flavors have blended, about quarter-hour; season with salt and pepper, to style.
Stir in clams and mussels. Cut back warmth to low; cowl, with a tight-fitting lid, and prepare dinner till the clams and mussels are simply starting to open, about 3-4 minutes.
Stir in cod or halibut, shrimp and scallops. Cut back warmth and simmer till cod or halibut, shrimp and scallops are simply cooked by and clams and mussels have opened fully, about 3-4 minutes. Discard any unopened clams.
Stir in parsley; season with salt and pepper, to style.