Fast and EASY Maple Cinnamon Sautéed Apples make the proper dessert topped with ice cream, a scrumptious snack all by itself, or served with oatmeal, waffles, and pancakes!
I like recipes which are fast and easy to throw collectively, and this cinnamon apple recipe actually couldn’t be simpler! I’ve been making apples on the stovetop for my daughter ever since she began consuming stable meals and she or he LOVES them blended with a bit of cinnamon. Her apples impressed me to make these scrumptious maple cinnamon sautéed apples made proper within the skillet in below 10 minutes! All you want is just some easy elements and this can come proper collectively
Not solely are these apples so easy to throw collectively, however your kitchen will scent completely wonderful! This recipe is gluten-free with zero refined sugar used. They’re naturally sweetened with 100% pure maple syrup, coated in heat spices and simmered in apple cider! This recipe is basically apple pie filling with out the crust, as a result of who can wait that lengthy for a pie anyway??
Right here’s What You’ll Want
- Apples – I used honey crisp apples due to their scrumptious mixture of candy and tart, however any sort of apples will work for this. I wish to peel the apples as a result of my toddler loves these, however you may depart the skins on as properly (which saves time too!)
- Butter (or coconut oil) – I’ve been making these apples for years and each butter and coconut oil work nice! Coconut oil has extra dietary worth and is a good choice for those who’re vegan or dairy-free, however for my part butter at all times tastes higher 😉 Be happy to decide on no matter works greatest for you!
- Maple syrup – naturally sweetens these apples and tastes unbelievable with all the nice and cozy spices! You could possibly additionally use honey, coconut sugar, brown sugar or different sweetener of alternative
- Vanilla extract – provides these apples a lift of taste!
- Apple cider – be certain to make use of apple cider, NOT apple cider vinegar! That is what the apples simmer in and the cider actually enhances that scrumptious apple taste, you may additionally use water instead of apple cider
- Cornstarch – this can thicken the sauce and make it good and gooey!
- Spices – scrumptious mixture of cinnamon and apple pie spice with a pinch of salt (a pinch of nutmeg tastes nice too!)
The way to Make Maple Cinnamon Sautéed Apples
- Peel and slice the apples. That is actually probably the most time-consuming half and you may select to both peel your apples or depart the peel on, this tastes nice each methods. I at all times peel the apples since my choosy toddler likes to eat these and I additionally simply want the look of the apples once they’re peeled.
- Sauté apples. In a big skillet over medium warmth, soften butter (or coconut oil), add apples and spices, mixing them properly. Sauté apples for about 4 to five minutes within the pan till they’re smooth. In a small bowl, whisk collectively apple cider and cornstarch to make a slurry. Pour that into the apple combination together with the vanilla and maple syrup. Proceed to stir the sauteed apples for 3 to 4 minutes till the sauce has thickened up and begins to boil. The apples needs to be smooth and proceed mixing in order that the apples get utterly coated within the sauce.
- Serve! Benefit from the sautéed cinnamon apples instantly with some ice cream, on prime of your breakfast or all on their very own with a spoon!
The way to Serve Maple Cinnamon Apples
- Scrumptious topping for oatmeal, waffles or pancakes
- In a bowl with some melty vanilla ice cream or yogurt
- High with one thing crunchy like chopped pecans, walnuts or peanuts
- Add a dollop of whipped cream or perhaps a little nut butter
- Get pleasure from all their very own as a aspect dish or dig in with a spoon!
What Apples Ought to I Use?
I personally want Honeycrisp apples when making this due to their candy/tart combo (I additionally at all times occur to have them in our fridge!) and so they maintain up very well too with out getting mushy. Be happy to make use of whichever selection you want greatest although as there are numerous apples that may work properly. Braeburn, Cortland, Pink Girl apples and Golden Scrumptious apples all make nice choices. Granny smith apples are typically fairly tart, however for those who like tart apples be happy to make use of them on this recipe.
Attempt to keep away from utilizing McIntosh, Gala, Fuji or Crimson Scrumptious apples as they will get mushy when baked, however save these for while you need to make applesauce or cider!
Prepping and Storing
The wonderful thing about these apples is that they reheat very well! You possibly can retailer these apples in a sealed, hermetic container in your fridge for as much as 5 days. To heat these up, both add them again right into a skillet including a couple of tablespoon or two of water (or extra apple cider!) to loosen up the sauce or you may merely heat them up within the microwave.
Extra Apple Recipes You’ll Love
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 8 minutes
- Complete Time: 18 minutes
- 3–4 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider (not apple cider vinegar)(you may additionally use water)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Peel and slice the apples, ensuring they’re all about the identical measurement thickness.
- In a big skillet over medium warmth, soften higher (or coconut oil), add apples and spices, mixing them properly. Sauté apples for about 4 to five minutes till they’re tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively apple cider (or water) and cornstarch to make a slurry. Add the slurry, vanilla and maple syrup to the apples and proceed sautéing for about 3 to 4 minutes till the sauce has thickened and apples are smooth, frequently mixing in order that the apples are utterly coated within the sauce.
- Serve the apples heat over prime of waffles, pancakes or prime with some ice cream! Get pleasure from!
- Serving Measurement: 1/4th of recipe
- Energy: 166
- Sugar: 18.3 g
- Sodium: 36.5 mg
- Fats: 3 g
- Saturated Fats: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.6 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 0.4 g
* Please be aware that every one diet data are simply estimates. Values will range amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.