Picture courtesy facebook.com/shortnorthcake
There’s at all times quite a bit taking place within the Columbus restaurant world! Right here’s the newest:
- This week Columbus Underground broke the news that Piece of Cake, the long-time bakery within the Brief North, has abruptly closed. The bakery sat at 772 N. Excessive St. for 25 years. There’s no phrase in regards to the purpose for the closure. (We’ve fond reminiscences of residing within the Brief North once we moved to Columbus in 2002, and getting their iced pumpkin cookies on a regular basis!)
- A number of sources have reported that the primary central Ohio location of the chain Chick’n Cone has smooth opened at 422 Polaris Pkwy. in Westerville. Because the identify implies, the large characteristic is fried rooster served in a house-made waffle cones. The shop additionally serves rooster sandwiches, tenders, bowls, sides, and sauces.
- Mission Espresso Co. is getting near opening their new store at 2060 S. Excessive St. You may get a sneak preview this weekend when you buy a bag of their special 2060 Blend. The proprietor of Clean Slate Espresso, a truck that, till lately, had been working in Gahanna, introduced this week that they’ve taken over operations at Mission, together with working the brand new retail store.
- This week Matter News published a feature on the well-known ceiling tiles from the shuttered Blue Danube and the place they’ve re-appeared within the intervening years. The piece included the information that the brand new proprietor is renovating the place and intends to re-open it beneath the identical identify inside the subsequent few months, with the extra of some Mediterranean menu objects.
- CRMD ice cream shop has opened a second location, this one at 5915 Bob Evans Farm Dr. in Lewis Middle. This location additionally features a speakeasy within the again!
- The Vic Village Tavern, a brand new venue and bar within the former Shrunken Head (and beforehand Victorian’s Midnight Cafe, for individuals who bear in mind) opened this week. Situated at 251 W. Fifth Ave., the bar is operated by the homeowners of Zeno’s.
- Wolf’s Ridge Brewing introduced that Kris Ludwig would step up as its new government chef beginning April 11, following the division of chef Seth Lassak. Ludwig has been a part of the culinary group since Wolf’s Ridge opened in 2013.
- A brand new ice cream truck known as Lady Sprinkleton the Third is coming quickly to Columbus. The truck is operated by the group behind The Tasty Good meals truck.
- Flavor 91 Bistro introduced that they’ve added a meals truck and have began reserving for the season.
- Curious to strive a bunch of coffees directly? The Columbus Espresso Competition is presently selling Brew Boxes with a great deal of coffees and different goodies via this Sunday, March 26.
- Bottoms Up Bagels finishes their pop-up at The Day by day Bar (883 N. Fourth St. in Italian Village) via this Sunday, March 26. Learn extra about their pop-up right here!
- Lastly, Forbes printed a stunning spotlight of our metropolis. You possibly can learn it right here: Why You Should Plan A Spring Trip To Columbus, Ohio, A Hidden Gem In Plain Sight
This week I’m additionally writing:
Wish to sustain with extra? Comply with me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, take a look at the information archives, seek for journey inspiration, discover the breakfast map, or…
Success! You are on the checklist.
Whoops! There was an error and we could not course of your subscription. Please reload the web page and check out once more.